ATI Radeon 9600XT & BAD Artifacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

NMShadey

Hey all, and now for my second big problem with this graphics card.

for about 2-3 weeks of having the card all was well, untill recently some artifacts began to appear on all Direct3D games. The problem has gotten to the point now where i cant even make things out on the screen, although the below screenshots look playable, this was a mere piece that i was actually able to capture in a screenshot, the problem is much worse.

Anyhow anyone got ideas as to the cause of such a problem? (tried on 2 systems, and i have ruled out any overheating problems).

CCGENS1.jpg

CCGENS2.JPG

Could be driver settings or the drivers themselves. Try different driver versions. Make sure you are not overclocking either.

sounds to me like its a card fault and/or a virus, i had exactly the same problem a few years ago with my Radeon 7000 (RIP), i got mad green lines going across the screen in games, i sent it back to ATi and they diagnosed it as a card fault and i got a replacement, saying that tho, if its brand new, the chances of it beeing faulty are quite slim, ive heard of viruses corrupting graphics cards before now, try scanning for viruses? :confused:

my SPEC:

Athlon 2000XP
512MB Samsung PC2700
Gigabite 7VAXP Ultra
CPU TEMP: 35C
ATI GPU TEMP: 28C (even put a Crystal ORB with Arctic Silver 5 to get that temp. from the 32C using Stock cooler. Case is very well vemtilated and has many 80MM fans)

Card is running at default clock rates and has never been overclocked. I have never overclocked any other parts of my system.

I have norton Antivirus Corporate Edition, no viruses found using latest pattern. problem still occrus after a cold boot and with almost every service or application not running.

I have used PowerStrip to disable or enable various driver settings such as HyperZ etc but nothing changes. Also used powerstrip to declock memory, but that creates lines going down my screen.

Have tried Catalyst versions from 3.6 through to 4.2

- Shadey

UPDATE:

I just got my hands on an Identical Radeon which my brother had just purchased. Exact same card from the exact same company. Put the card into my system and it worked flawlessly, took it out and replaced mine...and problems.

Therefore it seems rather obvious to me now that it is for sure a problem with my card.

-Shadey

I have the same problem, and occurs no matter what my settings. Who made your graphics card, mines by ASUS. Im just going to ***** at the people who fitted it for me and say i want a new powersupply fitting for hassile compensation. I have no spyware or anything similar either. Might be the new catalysts actually, i dont recall having aftifacts on the 4.1's, not to sure though.

card is ASUS R9600XT

lol

i dont think the latest latest latest catalyst drivers are faulty. I seem to remember the 3.8 version causing many problems with a variety of RADEON cards. But you're probably right cause the 4.2 driver came out extremely quickly after the 4.1. SO i think the 4.2 is a reliable driver. (from Experience)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back