ATI Radeon 9800XT Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
ATI Radeon 9800XT Problems, Need Help!!

Help needed!!!

I just upgraded my graphic card from a Nvidia GeForce 5200 128mb TO an ATI Radeon 9800XT 256mb.
Ever since, my PC has slowed down and has a sluggish performence in Doom3 and Halflife 2 games.
I think I have done everything correctly in installing the card. I first uninstalled the old drivers then installed the latest ATI drivers from the net. I am really pissed off about this. I would appreciate any help.

PC Specs:

Dell Dimension 8300
Win Xp Pro SP2
Intel P4 3.0 GHz cpu
512MB 400Mhz DDR ram
80GB 7200 rpm Hard
dell 17" LCD
Onboard Sound

There might be some hardware conflict, do u have any PCI card right next to ur graphic card , if so try changing the that card to some other slot.

all the best
:grinthumb

I have same problem.

I recently replaced my Gigabyte Nvidia Geforce FX 5200 128mb with a ASUS ATI Radeon 9800XT. I did the same thing and uninstalled old drivers before putting in the new card and installing the latest Radeon Driver. I am experiencing really bad frame rates for this card and they are not much better than the 5200 if not worse. I have tried driver cleaner pro and removed all traces of nvidia drivers but still no result.

Gigabyte Ga-8IPE1000 Pro 2 Motherbard
P4 3.0 Ghz HT
512 DDR Ram
Asus ATI Radeon 9800XT

With an upgrade from the 5200 to a 9800XT you SHOULD be seeing a massive performance improvment. Something ain't right.

Did you connect the 4-pin molex connector from your PSU directly to the 9800XT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back