ati red lines

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bra1ntax

Im having problems with my ati x850xt, my computer randomly crashed one day in the middle of cs. It was not caused by overheating or from a power surge, i rebooted and i know have little white lines on my windows loading screen and have faint red lines on my desktop.

In the device manager it does not recongnize my video card in the device manager, and anytime i try to install the hardware i get numerous errors, but the result is always the same, unable to install software

ive tried driver cleaner and reinstalling new copies of software but its pointless because the hardware is not unstalled =\

the part that confuses me is it lets me change my resolution to 1280x1024 but just shows faint red streaks only on dark colors (black blue green) http://s2.photobucket.com/albums/y50/joTaz/?action=view&current=vid.jpg&refPage=&imgAnch=imgAnch1

i might be able to RMA it since i ordered it from newegg a number of months ago but wanted to see if there was any simple fixes before im out of a computer for a week.

Rage is right, the card has had it!!

I have a question! What does RMA stand for, i know it means to return something but its not a term we use here un the UK????

i think its return merchandise authorization or return material authorization..

basicaly you fill out a form to send it back to whoever it came for for a repair/replacement/credit (refund due to faulty product etc).. i think you get the drift..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back