ATI TV Wonder Pro Sound Issues MMC 8.8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all, I'm new here so go easy on me =)

I've been having some issues lately with ATI Multimedia Center 8.8. After I bought my new Sound Blaster Audigy card I decided to upgrade to MMC 8.9 (which didn't work, installer quit right before it installed everytime), so I decided to reinstall 8.8. It installed just fine and I picked "What you hear" as an input. After I booted it up the sound was muted, I unmuted the sound and all it was was a big echo and the sound wasn't even close to being synced. So I tried to do the initilization wizard again and right after I chose another input option the whole program freezes, TV Tuner and all. I have to ctrl-alt-delete to force it to close. Anyone have a workaround for this?

Oh and it's not a Hyperthreading problem, I've seen that one all over the internet. I have an AMD Athlon 2700+. Thanks again.

TO be totally honest, dont buy any audigy class sound card, they have more problems than they are worth. A soundblaster Live or soundblaster MP3+ are both really good cards, alot cheaper and more reliable. THe drivers for the audigy series cards just plain out suck, and have problems with certain resources/hardware.

Although i dont have a solution for you, i would recommend you not buy a top end cards like this unless you are doing high quality sound work, and not just gaming.

Having the same problem

Sorry that I can't help you fix your problem, but I wanted to see if you had solved it since posting the thread. I have the same problem. I have the tv-wonder audio going into my sound card line in jack. When I turn start the tv it mutes the line in and then works when I un-mute it. It also has an echo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back