ATI vs. Nvidia

Status
Not open for further replies.

badsearcher

Hey everyone, in about two months I'm going to buy a computer, and I'm looking to spend around no more than 400-450 dollars (meaning that the card that costs 600 today might drift down to the aforementioned price in the aforementioned time) on it. Now I've tried to look up various sources but I was rather unsuccessful, so here I am, asking straight out, what should I be leaning towards when I get my next card? ATI or Nvidia?

-Badsearcher

I'm confuesd!!!! Are you going to buy a whole computer or just a graphics card????

If it's graphics card only then it would be a lot easier to advise you if we knew if you want pci, agp, or pci-e!!!!

It depends on what games/applications that you use to figure out what brand is the best for you.

If you want a high end card (most likely ;)), the Geforce 7950GT would be great, also the Radeon X1900XT is pretty good.

But I'd wait a little more, and get a good, future-proof DX10 card. Maybe a Geforce 8600GT :p

I want to get a new computer. In Q4 2007 storm of war, battle of britain is going to come out, and if put at maximum settings it will be the most resource intensive piece of virtual reality ever devised for commercial use (the minimum requirement for ram is 2gb). Me being heavily into world war 2 flight simulators, I will want this to be fully functional for me when it comes out, just pop it in, put everything to maximum, and that's it. So yes, I want something powerful.

What's this about directx 10?

DX10 is the future of games. Mind-blowing graphics effects are possible with its use. Check out screenshots of Crysis. It's the best-known game to use DX10. Right now, NVIDIA's 8800GTX and 8800GTS are the kings of DX9 and the first DX10-supporting (hardware-wise) cards to come out. But since we have no DX10 games out, we can't say how well they will play those games. Also, ATi's new range of DX10 cards is still to be released. So for now, just wait & watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back