ATI with Intel or nVidia with Intel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, I am looking into getting a new video card soon and I was wondering which type would go better with my processor and mother board, ATI or nVidia... When I first got my comp I had an AMD 1.8 GHZ processor with an ATI 9500 PRO video card. A year later my processor burned out and died. I replaced it with an Intel 2.8 GHZ processor just to try out Intel. So far it has worked great. But, I wan't to get a new video card and I am stumped at which to get as I want the best performance for my PC as possible. My comps specs are...( as much as I know ). Processor: Intel 2.8 GHZ P4, RAM: 512 MB ( not sure on what type and I will be upgrading it to 1 GB very soon as well). Video card: ATI Radeon 9500 PRO, Hardrive: 60 Gb ( small I know :p ) So any advice would be appreciated thanks. :D

I would go with nVidia because I think they have better cards. I don't think one or the other will perform better but I might be wrong. :hotouch:

video upgrade

What's your price range? What kind of things will you use the graphics for?
What connector does your graphics have? Agp 8x? Agp 4x?

Actually, the best ATI card is slightly faster.

512mb ram is a little low. Save the money for another 512mb and an ATI 9800 pro 128mb ram. Or if you can afford, a gf 6600 GT.

Yea 512 is little low, thats why I am saving up for another stick of 512, I will at least have a gig :). ATI Radeon 9800 you say? Another one of you says nVidia, hmm. Well my graphics connector is AGP 8x. I am looking for a price range between 100$-300$ Again thx for the help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back