Ati X1650 and AsusM2N4-SLI/Possible conflict?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone, new to the forum so hi.
I recently built a new Pc as my old one was, er, old! New Asus board as above, X64 Dual core Amd 4200 Cpu, 160gig drive, 1 gig memory, ect ect and a Ati X1650. The problem is that when i run a game, any game, a benchmark or anything involving graphics power, the sysyem locks up and then reboots.
I have read about possible conflicts between Nforce Mb's and other cards but not Ati. Anyone with any insight into this. Oh yes, power supply is 550watt so plenty of power there.
Mickster

Check that your graphics card isn't overheating by downloading ATI tool. ATI graphics card fans are crap, my ATI card often gets past 100 degrees C which realy isn't good.

I downloaded it but it doesn't show temps and when i try to figure it out the system locks and reboots because of the graphic of the tool.......rubbish or what!

You could try downloading speedfan it sometimes picks up graphics card temps, it picks up mine as Core.

Or i could try taking the damn thing back and replacing it with a GForce7600GT which i am this very morning. I'll update with the results once the new card is in.

And i just did so. I plugged in my new card, the GForce7600GT and no problems whatsoever. Just ran 3DMark03 which the other card wouldn't even load and my result was 12616 which i think is ok for a standard system. I remember running that test on my old machine, a AMD 2600+ Cpu with a GForce 4600 and only getting about 4000 3Dmarks so overall i am pretty pleased, mainly with the fact that my Pc works properly now.
Thanks for al your help people.
Mickster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back