ati2dvag.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

D@nny

on one of my Pcs my ati radeon 9250 agp card I think over heats when I play like an hour and a half or so of Battlefield 2 online. I disabled my sound card I thought this would solve the problem but I got the ati2dvag.dll error again. I think this is because of overheatment. Are there any 3rd part utilitys that tell me when my video card is overheating and is about to crash my computer?

Temp monitor software only works if your card has a heat sensor built in (as far as I know), and I don't believe yours has one built in.

I'll ask the obvious first. All your drivers are up to date right? Including your motherboard's chipset drivers?

An hour and a half is a little long for this to be an overheat problem, but still possible. The other suspects are you PSU and ram.

Who made your PSU and how many watts is it rated at? Download and run speedfan, and see what it is reporting for your PSUs rails (3.3, 5 and 12v)

https://www.techspot.com/downloads/547-speedfan.html

Also test your ram. Go to www.memtest.org and run that on your system for 6 or 7 passes (it will take a few hours).

Just some troubleshooting to rule things out one at a time. Let us know how it goes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back