ati3daug.dll error help pls

Status
Not open for further replies.

willdoon2

Hi, When i'm playing dark age of camelot i receive a blue screen error pointing towards at3daug.dll :/ I can't stay longer than 10 minutes in the game without it just crashing out :( but all other games i play on my pc are fine :/ anyone got any idea or delt with a similar problem before? pc i'm running is really bad but it works fine on all other games - really annoying me this problem now i'd really appreciate some help thx.

2.1ghz barton
1024 pc3200 ram
ati 9800 pro

(I'll go play daoc now and save the error msg just incase someone asks for it)

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Before doing anything else.

Go to the game manufacturers website, and check for any updates/patches that might be available.

The fact that it only happens with this game, could mean it`s a problem with the game itself, and not with your graphics drivers.

You might also want to try uninstalling, and reinstalling the game.

If none of the above helps, then maybe updating your graphics card drivers will help.

You can get the latest drivers from the ATI website.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

Already tried the uninstalling and reinstalling of game and drivers :) using 6.2 catalyst at the moment :) will look around ati site for a patch tho thx :) hopefully i can find one

If you don`t have any luck with that.

Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together, and attach them here.

You can find the minidumps in C:/windows/minidump.

Regards Howard :)

There are 2 ways to upload your minidumps.

The preferred option is to use a zip utility such as Winra, or Winzip to put the minidumps into a zip file, and then attach them.

Alternatively, you can just change the file extension of the minidumps files from .dmp to .txt, and then upload them.

Please note. techspot has a limit of 100kB for attachments, so you may need to attach several files.

As you probably suspected all your minidumps crash at ati3duag.dll. They have bugchecks of 8E, and 50. They all reference game.dll, which is the game you`re trying to play.

0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A kernel mode program generated an exception which the error handler didn’t catch. These are nearly always hardware compatibility issues (which sometimes means a driver issue or a need for a BIOS upgrade).

0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Requested data was not in memory. An invalid system memory address was referenced. Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause this Stop message, as may other hardware problems (e.g., incorrect SCSI termination or a flawed PCI card).

I still think this is a problem with the game. Have a look on the game manufacturers website for any fix that may be available.

You might also want to go HERE and follow the instructions for testing your ram/hdd etc. Just in case.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back