Audigy 2 Platinum sounds terrible

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Seraphic

Ok, I got a new Audigy 2 Platinum, went through the installation, hooked it up... and it sounds like the volume levels are too low and the sound is all garbled.

I've already checked the volume levels, they're all the way up.

It's not the speakers, since if I disable the Audigy and re-enable the onboard sound, then plug the speakers in there, they work fine.

I've played with as many of the settings as I could find and nothing seems to make a difference.

And here's the real kicker... if I pull out an adapter and plug the speakers into the headphone jack on the front of the "live drive" type thing, on the front of the computer, it sounds ok (except that the output is designed for headphones, so it sounds a bit flat).

One thing to note about my setup is that I'm not using computer speakers, I'm running the card to my Harman/Kardon stereo receiver. I'm using it in simple 2-channel stereo mode (yes, the sound card is set to 2-channel mode). And, like I said, it works fine with the onboard sound card.

I worked on this for quite a while before I finally gave up, disabled the Audigy 2, re-enabled the onboard sound, and I've been dealing with the horrible sound quality of the onboard sound since.

Anyone have any ideas?

Have you tried changing the card into a different PCI slot. Also, are you using analog or digital output?

I know what you're going through. I don't know what Creative engineers were doing when designing the Audigy2. That soundcard is horrendous. Gold plating is so cliche; they should've gone with platinum. They also misspelled the word "sound" on page 15 of the manual. Can you belive that? I'm about ready to form a rally to denounce this card. The Audigy2 should be in the bargain bin with 60% discount, in all stores for crying out loud.

If it's any consolation, I would gladly take that card off your rig for free.:rolleyes: Just drop in the mail to

213 Pike Ave
Lime, PA 14533

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back