Audigy 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

xtrmn8r

ok, im really fed up with my built in sound on my soltek motherboard, theres far too much noise, even in comparison to the cheapest 16-bit pci card.

i have been looking about a bit, and im into good quality music. my computer plays into my amplifier, which goes out into my celestion speakers. now i have a few questions:

1. i have found a creative audigy card. it doesnt claim to be an audigy 2, but it says it is 24-bit. the price is £59 (sorry im from the uk :rolleyes: ), does this mean its an original audigy or an audigy 2? i saw somewhere it said the audigy 2 is 24-bit and the audigy isnt...

2. is this the ideal card for me? i may be tempted to buy some form of 5.1 system in the future and this seems to be more than capable

3. is it worth the money? is there an alternative to this which is better, or is it all a matter of opinion like the hifi world is?

cheers in advance for the help guys.

alan

The Audigy 2 should be fine for listening to music or playing games. The Audigy 2 is a 24 bit, 6.1 surround sound card. It should be fine with the speakers you have, but I would recommened the Klipsch ProMedia 5.1 Ultra. These are pretty expensive, but they are well worth it. And, the Audigy 2 is only about $79.99 U.S.

ok, so does the audigy eliminate all noise? im planning on using this with a headset some of the time, so i really want something with as little noise as possible....is it up to the job?

The Audigy & Audigy 2 both use 24-Bit DACs. If it says it's 24-Bit & called an Audigy, then thats what it is - an Audigy, not an Audigy 2.

so what are the differences between the audigy and the audigy 2? the audigy 2 should be better as its a later release, but as ever things may not be as they seem...

the reason im asking this is because the retailer who is selling it is where i buy all of my pc equipment, very good service and warranty, none of this "oh you did this slightly wrong, your warranty is void" stuff.

cheers guys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back