Audigy 4 "problems"

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDawg

I've had my audigy 4 for a while and also I have a 6.1 onkyo home theatre system connected to it by the fiber optic cable...well my question/problem is that well I have my DVD player connected to my receiver and normally on some movies the display on the receiver will automatically change to "Dolby Digital EX" or "Matrix 6.1" because of the audio on the dvd...well when I try to watch those movies in my PC and use my audio system...I get sound but the display doesn't change at all like when using the dvd player. I have the settings to use DTS neo 6 surround and such in the options that I see. So I just want to know if there is something that I am not seeing like maybe something I haven't checked in the control panel or maybe if I am actually getting the same sound but just not the display...

Hi, have you set your PC DVD decoder to S/PDIF Out & in the Control Panel -> Audio HQ -> Decoder tab, set that to SPDIF Passthrough also?

Can you tell me exactly how to do that...are u talking about window's control panel or for creative's software?

Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel, open AudioHQ then Device Controls & select the Options tab. Now select the Decoder tab. Set it to SPDIF Passthrough. (There's a semi-illustrated version here https://www.techspot.com/tweaks/soundcard/sound15.shtml, though Device Controls appears different to what you should have I think)

As regards the DVD Decoder, well, depends on what 1 you have. They should all offer an Options/Setup menu. If you go to their respective Audio setup section they should allow you to also set S/PDIF Out as the output mode.

I see no Audio HQ in control Panel (Using XP Pro) if u didn't know. Also I am have an audigy 4 if u didn't know. The link u gave me if for an audigy 2 and I'm sure it's probably the same. But yeah I don't know if that audio HQ thing is on the setup cd for my sound card...maybe? prolly...I'll check that...

Yeah, I thought they'd be using the same software, but you're right, I can't find any reviews showing it either. Still, it has to be there somewhere if you've installed everything. Check all the Surround Mixer, etc. that came with it. It has to be listed as an option in 1 of the Creative programs, otherwise you won't be able to stop the audigy 4 doing the decoding.

Fixed

W00t I FIXED IT...I found the solution...I was just going through the installation directory and started checking out stuff and there it was... this is what I did...go to Creative > SBAudigy4 > AudioConSole there it is...has all my solutions for getting my surround sound to work...thanx for all your help...I really appreciate it

Now I have another problem...I do what u told me about the spdif passthrough and what not...but it still doesn't change on my receiver and also when I go to test my speakers and set the distances and volumes and things on the surround mixer or THX Console, it is set as 6.1 but only the stereo speakers are working (as in 2.1 but without the sub either) so I am not getting any sound at all and everything is set accordingly...unless I am not seeing something

OK, well now I fixed the problem wiith not getting my recevier to change after multiple options I needed to change for that...but there is still the problem with when Creative's Speaker settings is set to 6.1 and I test them only the 2 front speakers with make noise...and this is also true for the THX setup console where u can test the speakers...still no sound but the front 2

S/PDIF Out will only give 2 channel output in most instances (Unless what's being sent is Dolby Digital/DTS, or whatever surround format is support by your receiver). For MP3s, games & the like you'll only get 2 channel output unless you connect using the analog outputs as well

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back