Audio card problem need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi i have a creative Audio Se card on my pc which was working fine but out of a sudden it stopped working ( no sound ) but when i check in the control panel > Audio it says it is working but no sound is comming out

i have downloaded and updated the firmware on it too but still no use

can some one please suggest me what i might be doing wrong or how can i fix this issue ?

Do you mean Creative Audigy SE? There is no firmware for sound cards, it is called a sound driver. Get into the Device Manager (Control Panel, System, Hardware) and look for any yellow markers under Sound/Audio Devices. Let us know what you find

sorry i cant help u .. but im having simular problems with my Audigy card. maybee this is a unforseen problem. while it works i think the audio Q is very good. im even using digital ins & outs .. but for some reason the MP3 audio keeps stopping. this affects videos as well .. but ive found out that WAV files still work. strange.

I 1st found this problem while watching u-tube. at first when the videos went static i thought it was just -out of memory- problem. rebooted but still the same.

ive reinstalled the card .. & found the only way is to re-install a service pak ... over n over when the sound fails!! this kicks the audio into working. after a short time the audio goes again. ????
im about to give in & try a complete install if this persists.
..... somethings going on in the registry ...???

I use this card in a dual boot XP Pro, Vista Home Premium system... In XP it works fine, in Vista I loose some sound frequencies in games. Maybe this is due to a faulty Creative driver

There are some issues with Vista and the Creative drivers.

There have also been some issues with creative sound and video cards recently.

You dont mention what os you are using or what type of hardware.

You might try reinstalling the sound device and use the updated driver this time and see what happens...

Hardware and OS is listed under the little blue dropdown box "System Specs"

Xp sound is fine, Vista music ok but the Creative EAX and Hardware accelleration is disabled in Halo. It is the only game I have tried in Vista

Halo has some issues with EAX with Vista but it works fine with my Realtek sound and sounds darn good. I love the upgraded sound my motherboard has and I really hate Creative drivers....

Yeah CC,
I have to get Vista on-line tomorrow and apply several updates. Vista might be a little nicer to me after that. I'll keep the dual boot XP -Vista setup for a while yet

32bit Vista is solid and for many is a better choice than XP except possibly for gamers.

Now all I want to know is how many posts does it take to get newbie in training changed?

Tmagic650 said:
Do you mean Creative Audigy SE? There is no firmware for sound cards, it is called a sound driver. Get into the Device Manager (Control Panel, System, Hardware) and look for any yellow markers under Sound/Audio Devices. Let us know what you find

hi checked everything i am using vista so under sounds it is saying the hardware is working but there is no sound in the system what so ever ?

Have you checked your speakers and their connections?

Are they plugged in and working ok?

If they arent the problem then you might try reinstalling the sound card and see if that solves the issue...

Crosscourt said:
32bit Vista is solid and for many is a better choice than XP except possibly for gamers.

Now all I want to know is how many posts does it take to get newbie in training changed?

Your status will change automatically. i really didn't pay attention to the numbers

I don't blame you CC,
I didn't like the title either. I do think it drops at 50 posts. Wish me luck on the processor change. I'm crossing my fingers on the Creative issue. I can always play Halo in XP. I am anxious to try Crysis under Vista. It is tough to play but the graphics are wonderful

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back