Audio hardware/Driver problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone,
My audio is not working. I have an asus P4PE-X mobo, P4 2.0g proc and I have dowloaded the current drivers from asus twice to no avail. When I run the Soundmax setup it fails with a "no audio driver installed" message. It tells me to reboot and retry the install. I do not have any sound software in my program list, the audio is enabled in my BIOS (onboard sound) and my device list does not show an exclamation by any audio device. In fact the only devices listed in the device manager are video related.
When I run the hardware wiz it does not find any new hardware. I have also tried resetting the cmos and restoring to last known good, both to no avail.
I'm at a loss here, any help would be greatly appreciated

TYIA

I'm not certain when it quit working exactly, but I changed the processor and fan and overclocked it a bit. I dont believe either of those should affect the audio, but i have had problems in the past with my video drivers having to be reinstalled periodically.
I have also updated my BIOS since this problem has occurred.

Any ideas?

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It may be that your onboard sound chip has failed. If that`s the case, you will need to purchase a pci soundcard and disable the onboard sound in bios.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

howard_hopkinso said:
Hello and welcome to Techspot.

It may be that your onboard sound chip has failed. If that`s the case, you will need to purchase a pci soundcard and disable the onboard sound in bios.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

That solution sounds good to me :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back