Audio help on toshiba laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
just recently my laptop started making some weird sounds whenever it played an audio cd almost as if someone is scratching a record or put it on slow mo. I scratched my head for a bit and have come to the conclusion that the speakers are fine bc all of the stored music is fine. I have also already tried to reinstall the audio driver to fix the problem but it did nothing. so if anyone knows anything please let me know. thanks

That's the bad thing about toshiba laptops which also could be a good thing.

Toshiba laptops usually have 2 functions related to your trouble:
`Toshiba Virtual Sound
`Toshiba Accoustic Silencer (DVD-CD Speed)

Usually, by default your DVD-CD Drive is under "Quiet mode" which means its on a low speed. For me, i like to set to normal mode so that anything could be read faster although it's noisy.

My final suggestion is, enter that setting (toshiba accoustic silencer) and select normal mode and see if anything happen.

Good luck and welcome to techspot:)

Well I wish I had some good news. My cd-drive was set to normal and I checked the virtual surround and played around with that and nothing changed. It is still cracking a little and sounds like it is not playing fast enough I guess. It has stumped me. I even reinstalled all the audio drivers and it did nothing. So once again i'm hoping someone can give me a great suggestion out there.

Hmm, if that thing doesn't work, maybe the CD is scracthed or either the DVD drive is faulty. My friend sister's toshiba could not even read 4 different brand of my CD and DVD. Strange right? But i assume that yr problem only come from the drive. If setting to normal mode giving at least 1% effect, i could confirm that it's your drive need to be replaced or either cleaned.

What program do you use to play? WMP / Winamp / iTunes / Real or etc??
How is the result of the ripped music from 'scratched' CD? Is it include the scratch? If not means the playback mode is set to either digital (with or without error correction) or analog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back