Audio makes internet connection not work.. HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need help solving an on-going problem...

The problem is... whenever I play music my internet connection doesnt work. For example, If I go to this website, turn on a MP3, and then try and load a think... it acts like i'm not connected to the internet. As soon as I turn the music off and try to go to a link... it works... Also if i'm playing music and connected to AIM... as soon as I turn on the music AIM signs off....

I'm running Windows 2000 and have DSL.... I checked for hardware conflicts and found nothing.... This problem is very annoying and I can't seem to find a fix for it... Can someone help?!?!

Thanks.,,

Yes, any sound that is countinuous will cause it to stop working....

Some more examples...

If i'm playing a website based game that has sound.... I can play the game just fine but when it comes time to post my score... If the sound is still running it wont work...

If I log onto a website that has a midi playing... as soon as the midi loads and starts playing... my internet will stop functioning...

If i'm playing a movie files or MP3, no web page will load. Sometimes AIM will still work but if the song continues for more then a few minutes, AIM will shut off.

What make is your sound card ? is it onbaord or a card such as sound blaster live ?, try re-installing the drivers for it, or install updated ones, it may fix the problem.

Ive done everything including reformatting my hard-drive and uninstalling windows 98 and installing windows 2000... nothing has worked.... I have a creative audio pci sound card... Am I correct in think that sound SHOULD work when using the internet? This has been a very annoying problem.. i'd really like to get it taken care of ASAP... This is kind of a last resort... Ive spent countless hours searching the Internet for answers.... I figured forums was probably going to be my best bet. Am I at the right place or would I be better off somewhere else?

It looks like resource shortage to me.. The sound card is eating up the bus bandwidth or the IRQ or something else your internet connecting device uses.

You should try putting the soundcard to a different PCI slot. Or putting your network card/modem to a different slot. Or changing the COM port settings if you have an external modem.

Disabling unneeded hardware in BIOS could give you some extra IRQs.

PCI bus and plug and play settings are something you can play around with in BIOS too. And a BIOS update is an option.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back