Audio mic dont work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lordesf

When i first bought my comp which was 1 month ago, i realsied the mic didint work. I previously thought it was just my microphone was broken but now i found out it wasnt. I tested 4 mics now and they r all broken? they all work on other comps. So ther must be somthing to do with the comp.

I tried to go to record etc or even trying to talk on msn etc but it wont work. Is it some setting or somthing is broken?

Comp detials:

AMD Athlonx2 3600+
512 ram, ASUS m2v motherboard
Geforce 7300GT\

Can anyone help, ty

Run through the audio setup in windows messenger, that may get your mic working!!!!

no no no, you dont see my point, its not just windows messenger its everything involving a mic, this includies mic ingame, recording voice and everything else, they all dont work

I do get your point,it's just that i had someone abouta year ago with the same prob and messenger sorted all of it out for him!!!!

With messenger open, click tools, audio and video setup!!!!

Its worth a try, let me know how you get on!!!!

i finally got t working, i was installing a program and it said mic was disbaled so i enabled it. But not my mic seems be very soft and i have to talk 10x as loud to com out normally, wheres this mic setting?

I would check 2 things:
1) Make sure the "Microphone +20dB Boost" is checked (Go into the volume controls; click the advanced button under the microphone column. If the microphone column isn't showing go to the next step, you can get to it there.)
2) Make sure the recording volume is at a decent level (In the volume control click on options, then properties. From there select "Recording", make sure microphone is checked below that and click ok.) I usually put it at max and control the volume from the software after that.

This is assuming the default Windows interface. Your may have chipset specific software installed, in that case the terms should be similar but there may be different ways of getting there. I'm betting the db boost will do it, but you still may want to check both.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back