Audio not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

swker98

Hi, i got a problem with the audio on an emachines, the psu and mobo died but i got a replacement that was close to the original from another emachines. anyway i got all the drivers installed usb works, everything works great except no sound. the board is an intel d845gvsr which has realtek 97 audio on it. I tried 4 different versions of the drivers to no avail. Now im wondering if this could be a hardware problem because the front audio header doesn't fit at all, it was proprietary to the original board so it didn't match up so i put jumpers there instead to route it to the back as per http://www.intel.com/design/motherbd/sr/sr_confg.htm#2
but i think audio in the rear should work even if i dint do this, jsut line out and mic wouldn't work. If anyone know what im doing wrong or why it doesn't work it will be appreciated. The only other option is a new sound card

thanks

EDIT: unbuntu works with the speakers, damn this makes it more confusing becaue its a driver problem in xp it looks like

fixed it, had to try a few emachine drivers which seamed to be the same as the regular, but it worked so im happpy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back