Audio on a DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is it possible to cram a bunch of MP3's and WMA files on a DVD and play them back on a DVD player? I know you can then play them back on your PC ... but, can you trick your DVD player into playing them? I mean other then recording it real time with some generic video feed going into your burner. I want to create a long music disk to play back overhead in my store and I want to control the songs and order.

That's what manuals are for. Check the manual of the DVD player & see if it can read MP3s & which kind/encoding/id3 tags it supports. Most DVD players that came out last year & the year before can playback MP3s I would say.

That's what manuals are for? Seriously. That's not exactly a helpful answer. A DVD player (like the one I own) may say capable of playing MP3's and what that actually means is you can read a CD that contains MP3's ... that however does not mean it will play MP3's burned onto a DVD which is what I have been trying to do ... and my NEW high end DVD player does not read them and my manual reads "DVD player plays Audio CD's, MP3's, WMA's, DVD 's, DVD-R's, CD R/RW's, DVD Audio, and Super Audio CD (SACD) files and discs." Thanks for the help.

Cash, what software do you use to burn? As he said there's some id3mp3 tags which need to be properly set before burning dvd.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back