Audio Problem - Drivers will not reinstall

Status
Not open for further replies.

k4ghg

I was having sound problems and thought by reinstalling the SoundMax software it would help my problem. I uninstalled soundMax and cannot install my drivers. I am using Windows XP Home Ed., with a ASUS P4S533MX Board and SIS7012 audio device. I tried to add hardware with both Windows Auto and Manual features using the origional motherboard software and get a "-536870397" error. My sound does not work and any suggestions on how to get it back would be appreciated. I did try the vendors web site and tried to download other similiar drivers without to much luck. Thanks...Ronnie

Just to clear something up, what problems were you having how did you uninstall Soundmax?

Thanks for getting back. The problems that I was having was only with one specific program and it said synthcore.exe coild not be found install midi program. I used Windows uninstall to remove SoundMax.

What I was getting at regarding uninstalling was whether you used the Device Manager to uninstall Soundmax or did you use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall the sound driver. Soundmax is really an integrated sound card, so if you uninstalled it in the Device Manager, you only disconnected it from the driver. When you restart the PC, Windows will simply automatically reinstall it. Then when you try to install another driver, you end up installing one on top of another. Use Add/Remove Programs to uninstall drivers before updating with new ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back