Audio problem during gameplay. Realtek HD

Status
Not open for further replies.
The audio works fine for the most part, the only problem is characters speaking during videogames. They talk, but theres no sound. This confuses me, because all the other sounds that are. I realized the problem when I turned on the subtitles and paragraphs from a character would just show up. I have been updating the drivers and getting codecs, but its not working. I saw another forum involving a game called F.E.A.R. that had similar audio problems with their realtek device. If you got any ideas, please help me. Problems like these always give me a headache.....

Hi,
What motherboard do you have, if you know this? If not, you may wish to download and run CPU-Z or Everest to determine this.

I've had similar problems with integrated RealTek ALC chipsets and the solution was to download the motherboard maker's version of the AC'97 codecs. Sometimes they do not have 100% compatibility with the reference RealTek drivers and this fixes them.

Example- an Asus P4P800E-Deluxe only seems to work with voice-overs with the Asus V3.55 Realtek drivers. Using Realtek's 3.5x to 3.92 will only yield missing or choppy voices yet all other sound effects are fine.

Motherboard

I have tried both CPU-Z and Everest, but Im not exactly sure what information to look for,

Motherboard Properties:
Motherboard ID 63-0100-000001-00101111-031006-C51G$1ADBE007_A7207NE7 V1.17 DATE:03/10/06
Motherboard Name MSI K8NGM2-L (MS-7207G)

Front Side Bus Properties:
Bus Type AMD Hammer
Real Clock 200 MHz
Effective Clock 200 MHz
HyperTransport Clock [ TRIAL VERSION ]

Memory Bus Properties:
Bus Type Dual DDR SDRAM
Bus Width 128-bit
DRAM:FSB Ratio CPU/12
Real Clock 201 MHz (DDR)
Effective Clock 402 MHz
Bandwidth [ TRIAL VERSION ] MB/s

Motherboard Physical Info:
CPU Sockets/Slots 1 Socket 939
Expansion Slots [ TRIAL VERSION ]
RAM Slots 4 DDR DIMM
Integrated Devices Audio, Video, LAN
Form Factor Micro ATX
Motherboard Size 240 mm x 240 mm
Motherboard Chipset GeForce6100
Extra Features [ TRIAL VERSION ]

Motherboard Manufacturer:
Company Name Micro-Star International
Product Information http://www.msi.com.tw/program/products/mainboard/mbd/pro_mbd_list.php
BIOS Download http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/bios/bos/spt_bos_list.php

Even if I do find out the motherboard, where do i find download the motherboard maker's version of the AC'97 codecs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back