Audio Problem - KV8 SE Deluxe motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Minus

Hello,

I would like to thank in advance anyone who can help me in any way with this problem.

I have recently installed a new hard drive with a brand new copy of Windows XP SP2 with a KV8 SE Deluxe motherboard. However, I'm having audiot problems - no sound will play. The problem is not the speakers; they are fine.

When trying to run a file in Winamp, I receive this message:
"Bad DirectSound driver. Please install proper drivers or select another device in configuration. Error code: 88780078"

I have downloaded and tried to run the setup on the following driver (found at http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us):
SoundMAX AD1980/AD1888 Audio Driver version 5.12.2.5280 for Windows 64bit XP/2003.
Vers. 5.12.2.5280

However, when I try to run it, I receive the following error message:
"The audio driver does not support your computer hardware."

If there is anything anyone can do to help me, I would appreciate it.

Thanks,
Minus

What is your sound card now ( if you have one ) if it's a integrated one then tell me it and i'll be able to help you :)

Also... Welcome to Techspot!

TimeParadoX said:
What is your sound card now ( if you have one ) if it's a integrated one then tell me it and i'll be able to help you :)

I'm almost certain it is onboard. I have nothing in my PCIs except for a video card.

Also... Welcome to Techspot!

And thank you. :)

Unless your Windows version is XP x64, you should be using the 32 bit version of the sound card driver.

At the same place as the 64 bit version, just below it on the list. It reads: "SoundMAX Audio Driver version 5.12.01.3663 WHQL driver for Windows 98SE,ME,2000,XP."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back