Audio problem; Something was Deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
A year back, my friend volunteered to clean up my computer, so he went to add or remove programs from the control panel. Afterwards, my audio did not work for my computer. My friend didn't tinker with anything else, so I suspect he accidentally deleted my audio software. What would I have to do to get audio back on my computer.

If it helps, I run Windows XP and have a Dimension 2400 desktop.

What kind of audio card do you have, your most likely missing the drivers that came with it. I don't understand if its been a year why you late so long. Because you could just done a system restore point before and it should then work again.

These are probably the drivers you need - HERE

You might even be able to get Windows to reinstall the original ones,with the 'Add Hardware wizard'

xXxZxXx said:
What kind of audio card do you have, your most likely missing the drivers that came with it. I don't understand if its been a year why you late so long. Because you could just done a system restore point before and it should then work again.
Easy. It was probably a few years ago, and I was computer illiterate back then. I'm only slightly better now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back