Audio Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nefer999

Hi Guys,

I've just installed a new machine and put my old Audigy card into it. My new motherboard is a Gigabyte GA-7N400 Pro. My problem is that every 1-2 secs of continuous sound I get a sort of scratch sound (like a split second static). It happens with normal windows sounds, such as login/logout sound and in some games, but not all. This card worked fine in my old machine.

I have the latest BIOS for the board, the latest chipset drivers for the board and the latest creative drivers for the sound card. So I'm really at a loss about what to do next. Oh, the board does have onboard sound, but I've left the jumpers on the board so it's disabled and it's also disabled in the BIOS.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

Thanks in advance, Nefer.

have you tried different speakers? Perhaps headphones? Maybe reinstall your audio codecs?

I have the same m.board & had all sorts of dramas with sound causing video Stutter & my CD's sounded like scratched records.

Completely remove AC97 Driver- this came on the install disc- I then Did a "search for new Driver" & installed the NVidia R one thats hidden on the disc.

Presto...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back