Audio skips in vista on HP tx1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

pyromaster114

I have a TX1000 and when ever I try and play an audio file in iTunes, it skips.
Not just little skips either, sometimes it's quite noticeable... and it's always quite annoying...

Has anyone had similar problems, and has anyone found a solution?

I believe it has a Realtec soundcard... I've heard that the combination of the Realtec soundcards and itunes and vista = bad, and I've also heard someone say that this is because of the SATA drivers being wrong, but this didn't make sense to me, but I may be wrong.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Tmagic650 said:
Have you tried searching for better Vista drivers for the realtek on-board sound
I've been looking for better vista drivers... however I can't seem to find anything but the one HP supplies...
I'm looking around... I've found something just now on Realtek's site that might be an updated driver... but I have to verify that I don't already have that version on the computer.

Admittedly I seem to be terrible at finding drivers for stuff... but if this one from realtek's site doesn't work, then I think I'm pretty much out of luck, unless you know of someone who writes 3rd party Realtek Vista drivers...

Apparently this worked, and has worked for many other people:

Go into the Broadcomm adapter properties in the device manager. On
the advanced properties tab set DISABLE BANDS to 802.11a.

Could someone shed some light on how the WLAN adapter is connected to the SOUND CARD!?!?

Okay this thing is doing it AGAIN.
It went like a year almost, and then I reload the OS on it, to upgrade it to Windows Vista Ultimate, and it goes and starts skipping again.
No problem, just disable wireless A right? Wrong.

The thing still F***ing skips now... I have no clue what's wrong with it... tried driver updates.... there aren't any apparently... or so HP's site and everywhere else I can find...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back