auto correct appearing everywhere!

Status
Not open for further replies.

haggis

this is becoming a real pain
no matter where i type, some sort of auto correct changes the word "them" to "the M are crap". this happens here, google, MSN messenger, renaming files and everywhere else ive typed so far.....
im on Windows XP Sp2 on a compaq presario

does anyone know whats goin on?

thnx

Well you definitely have spyware/trojans and other crap. Go to the Security and Web forum, there are stickies on how to clean that stuff. ;)

That's cool and the funniest thing I've heard here in awhile. Who are the "M" I wonder? Definately a virus or trojan and you need to get this cleared out before it starts turning "They" into "The Y are not the M are crap".

the M are probably some band that someone doesnt like and is being a pleb by hacking my computer and annoying me with this lol

the M are crap
the M are crap
the M are crap
the M are crap

Spyware protection is not the same as active virus protect. Spyware in fact usually pretty harmless and just creates pops and redirects while web surfing and really more annoying then harmful.

A virus or a nasty trojan on the other hand can delete files and maybe even format the HDD for you.

well i aint getting any redirects or anything, im running an Antivirus as we speak with updated definitions - i'll post the outcome

nothing showed up when i ran scans of the computer at all - but the problem fixed its self!
i wonder what it was.....

There was a batch file that was going around over MSN. What it did was every so many seconds it would type "Is this you? link here to download of batch file". So basically if you had MSN open it would send that message to everyone in your contact list. It was a harmless but quite annoying one :p

Hi guys.

Just so you know.

haggis, has posted a HJT log in the security and the web forum.

Amongst other things, his system is infected with Spysheriff.

He is at the moment following the fix/s I have given him.

Regards Howard :)

howard_hopkinso said:
Hi guys.

Just so you know.

haggis, has posted a HJT log in the security and the web forum.

Amongst other things, his system is infected with Spysheriff.

He is at the moment following the fix/s I have given him.

Regards Howard :)

this was before all this appeared howard, but it may be an underlying cause - MSN has a tendancy to be full of crap like that because the majority of people using it don't know what they are doing.....
thanks for all your input guys

haggis said:
Posted 04-25-06. well i aint getting any redirects or anything, im running an Antivirus as we speak with updated definitions - i'll post the outcome

WOW that was quite the scan or your CPU is in disperate need of an upgrading. :) So that's it, it fixed itself? Ahh, I was wanting to know what is was. So you're saying Howard's post is incorrect and it wasn't Spysheriff?

kirock said:
WOW that was quite the scan or your CPU is in disperate need of an upgrading. :)
lol - i forgot i had started this thread

kirock said:
So that's it, it fixed itself? Ahh, I was wanting to know what is was. So you're saying Howard's post is incorrect and it wasn't Spysheriff

it cant have been, because it had all gone before i got infected with spysheriff

Hmm, that's weird then. I don't know anything about spysheriff , I wonder if it has some sort of sleep mode? It won't be the first time a virus pulled that little trick.

Oh well glad to hear it's good no more "the M are crap". (dab corner of eye).

Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back