Automated Beer Brewing With a Washing Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phantasm66

OK, I could not resist this one, what with it being a wacky Saturday, and all that! ;) Here's a lovely story I found here, which tells of...

...A "German priest [who] has found a way to brew beer in his washing machine. Michael Fey, of Duisburg, built a computer interface into the machine to let it run an automatic brewing program."

"A priest without alcohol, that's the wrong combination," he said. "Jesus didn't say, take this healthy camomile tea, he offered wine."

Somehow, methinks that the Lord Jesus didn't say anything specific about using a washing machine to aid in the process of this, but what's even more interesting is that he (the Priest, not Jesus....) has a laptop hooked up to the whole thing, with some kind of computer program running everything.

HAHAHA! Its the washing-machine-beer-creating-mod!

More here, and on the cool Priest's web site, here.

Speaking of beer, any day now I'm going to start my own batch of beer, I got a kit for Christmas and my dad has a book on it, I figure I'll start out using a kit like I have and then move on to better and bigger things. Hopefully I'll be up soon to brewing at least a case at a time. If you think about it a kit like my dads will complete 18 beers in 3 weeks, 2 weeks of that in the bottles. So if you have extra bottles you can get a cycle going thats nearly enough brew for one person without buying any from a store. Espically if you throw a night or 2 a week in at a bar. Of course you got to find a mix that tastes good and has a respectable amount of alcohol in it.....

making beer in the washing machine........so has anyone figured out how to make pretzels in the dryer?:haha:

Hahahaha that's so crazy! It's not even off topic either!

Keep us posted on your kit 1275 ;) What a present.

Cotton candy would probably be easier iss :p

Thats funny, beer from a washing machine. I never would have thought of that.

SNGX, I have one of those kits, works pretty good, but my first couple of batches were horrible. Takes a little trial and error to get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back