Automatic rebooting during CD read or write

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have an Asus CD R/W and an NEC DVD R/W drives. Whenever I try to copy an entire cd the system reboots some where in the middle. Then if I repeat it works OK. Also if I try to write an entire cd the system reboots in middle and if I repeat then It works fine. In case I copy an entire cd to another CD then system reboots twice and each time I need to restart (nero or vcdeasy or any other burning tool) to complete process. Thereafter there is no problem as long as system is not switched off. If it is switched off then I get two reboots while copying a cd to cd.

In case of burning as a Data disk I do not get these problems.
May be some parameter(s) are not set initially and memory access error occurs? As different tools give same error the generic driver with my copy of XP Pro is defective?
If so where can I get one? Suggestions I will greatly appreciate.
My system is AMD XP 2000+ 256 DDR 40GB Seagate 7200 rpm ATA HDD

Perhaps its a power issue? Have a look to see what wattage your PSU is. If its less than 300Watts then i reccomend an upgrade to 400Watts or more.

Hope that helps. Rik.

My power unit has 350w rating. I do not think it is power thats causing the problem. As the reboot is always during some where in middle of first read and somewhere in middle of first write(burn). Once the system reboots then that problem does not arise for any number of reads or writes(burns). If power is problem I should get reboots during atleast some subsequent reads or writes(burns). If I power down the system and restart then the cycle gets repeated.

Do you have any means of measuring temperatures inside your pc? That is the next thing to check out i recon.

Yes I have. But this is not a problem. Had it been I should get automatic boots during subsequent read or writes. That does not happen at all.

By disabling automatic reboot I got the blue screen with this error while reading first time a cd.
Kernel_Stack_Inpage_Error
Technical Information:
STDP:0x00000077 (0x00000001, 0xf2fc7f84, 0x00000000, 0xf2fc795c)
I do not know what this means

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back