Automatic reconnection to the internet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wobwill

Hi

I use Tiscali :eek: as my ISP and a Belkin modem + router (ADSL + 2 modem with wireless G router - F5D7632-4 ver 6)

I have been having a lot of problems with my internet connection. I often find that when I start my computer the internet connection is dropped. This means that I have to log into the router and reconnect. I share my connection with a couple of friends. The problem is that when I'm out they can't connect to the internet if the line is dropped and I'm not in to reconnect the router to the 'net. I am not willing to share my router password to allow them access to the router configuration!

Does anyone know of a way to configure the router so that when the internet connection drops it automatically reconnects?

Will

Try a different router. You may have one of the many defective Belkin units. Also, it is possible that your DSL provider has a problem... It might be worth it to call them to see if there are problems reported in your neighborhood.
If no router is available, I would remove or disable the drives and reinstall them. I would also check with Belkin web site to see if updated firmware or drivers is available.

Looking at the manual of the router.. There is no option to tell it to auto-connect. So it either doesn't do it by design, or it is supposed to do it, but isn't.

Anyway, a router firmware update would be the first thing to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back