autorun

Status
Not open for further replies.

macklessdaddy

forgive me if im posting in the wrong forumbut i have hopefully a small problem , my sons comp , when you insert a disk it will not automatically read a disk , you have to go into my computer settings and run it from there, what setting did this fool change and how do i change it back to read the disk automatically

what you are describing happens fairly frequently with XP. it can also be caused by programs like AnyDVD which disables autorun. Savvy computer users disable this feature anyway since it is the preffereed method of game and software developers for installing copy protection software onto your computer without you knowing about it. Sony's rootkit is a prime example, it like all the other Copy protection schemes is installed when the autorun feature is enabled.

CD autoplay

Hi,

I'm not sure if this is what you're trying to do but from what I understand is that you're trying to get the CD autoplay back? If so, copy the following into notepad and save it as autoplay.reg NOT .txt and then double click it. This should solve the problem:

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdrom]
"AutoRun"=dword:0000001

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
"allocatecdroms"="0"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer]
"NoDriveTypeAutoRun"=dword:00000091

Hope that helps you. Let me know.

Bsaber

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back