Avg antispyware shield

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiyhkuj

hello. At the moment i am using avg antispyware protection. the resident shield keeps turning off and telling me that it is not available in the free version. However, this is not true as i have avg antispyware on my other computer and the shield has been active for a long time. yesterday it was fine, however when i turned my laptop on today it said that shield is not available in free version. PLZ help. thanku in advance.

I don't think anything is wrong. I tried the AVG antispyware free version a few months back and after a time the shield no longer worked. They have limited this option in the free and it is normal after trying it for 30 days to becoming disabled.

As for your PC, if it is still giving you the shield then let things be! ;)

but that's the problem... it expires in 1 day it doesn't give me 30 days!
ps does this happen in vista? because i have avg antispyware free installed on vista. do you think the avg shield is uncompatible with vista?

Hmmm, I really don't know how AVG works with Vista. All that I do remember is that on my XP Pro w/SP2 I had 30 days with the shield and then afterwards it expired. It still worked but with the "dumbed down" version, i.e., no shield. From what I have read this is their policy. One must buy the full version in order to have the shield implemented at all times.

SpybotSD14.....

Is the only freebie anti-spyware app I can think of at the moment with an active shield.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back