AVG detected Generic8.LDI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't find anything on this trojan and the computer is still acting up. AVG deleted it, it was in Microsoft works file but the exe for the calender. I have windows ME, zonealarm Pro and CCleanner can you help me?

You need to have a read of this - If your system is infected. Read this before deciding whether to CLEAN or REFORMAT.

Then if you should wish to proceed with cleaning your system you need to go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, Combofix, and AVG Antispyware logs as ATTACHMENTS into this thread, only after doing the above.

This thread is for the use of chopsisin only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

i assume you mean step 6 of the preliminary removal instructions

carry on to the next step if you can't install the program

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Threads merged.

There was no need to start a new thread just for that question. You should have posted it in this thread.

As Daveskater quite rightly says, just move on to the next step.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

This thread is for the use of chopsisin only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Compatibility and missing file

I am having all kind of problems with these programs in this 15 step removal process. The panda ANtirootkit it can't run, missing required .dll userenv.dll not found. Do I have this dll file?VirtumundoBeGone, AVG Antispyware, and SmitFraudFix v2.240 are not compatible with Windows ME. what do I need to do, just keep skipping them?

You could try downloading the missing file from HERE. Unzip it and place the file in your Windows/system/folder.

Regards Howard :)

HJT Log

AVG Antispyware, Smitfraudfix & Virtumundobegone weren't compatable with Windows ME

Panda Antirootkit can't run - Device attached to system now functioning userenv.dll, which I got from you guys, is missing link to export NTDLL.DLL :RTIDOSPATHNAMETONTPATHNAME_U. I have file NTDLL.DLL in my system folder.

Combofix won't run either - Windows can't find %systemroot%\system32\cmd.exe but NIRCMD is in that folder and also in C:\windows.

Internet explorer is booting me off regular, I had two different iexplorer.exe running in my processviewer and when I closed the internet one of them stayed running. It would not allow me in any way to kill it.

Let me know if there is anything else to run for Antiroot or anything else. Hope you guys can help me

Have HJT fix this entry.

R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\SearchURL,(Default) = http://search.yahoo.com/search?p=%s

Other than that, your HJT log is clean.

Because none of the tools seem to work in Windows ME. there`s not a lot we can do to help you.

Unless I get to see certain log files, I can`t tell you what needs to be removed etc.

Perhaps it would be better, if you backed up your important data and reformatted the computer.

At the very least, I recommend upgrading to Windows2000 sp4.

I really don`t know what else to suggest.

Regards Howard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back