AVG Doesn't pick up the trojan that other free spyware scanners do!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgt. pepper

Hello

My AVG antispyware doesn't pick up the trojan popuper that other free spyyware scanners d ie spyware doctor, even though these other find it they wont remove it for me, AVG would, but doesn't find it scans(full, or specific). Syware doctor regester 2 as high threats with 165 infection , so i tryed with AVG and just just found some tracking cookies

Luckily Spyhunter will do thius for me but im still worried about the AVG, the i was going to keep...

Really worried about my laptop, any help woiuld be excellent thanks.

Hi sgt. pepper

Please refer to the following:

Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions
https://www.techspot.com/community/...lware-removal-preliminary-instructions.58138/

My personnal belief is AVG (once updated) is perfectly fine (sorry speaking of AntiVirus)

Please be aware that to fully scan your computer you need to run many programs, Why? Because some are:
Trojans
Spyware
Rootkits
Adware
The list goes on

Basically each single program experts in just one (at least) area

Unfortunately there is not a single antivirus available that detects and removes all known malware and viruses. If we could only combine different softwares virus definitions, that would be brilliant. So, in reality there is really no ultimate antivirus application. I personally prefer Avast. Others prefer something else. All you can really do is pick one, and supplement that with applications such as Ad-Aware, Spybot and Hijackthis.

so i need to run what?? its picking up cookies but nothing else harmful, ive foun oput the trojan is from the Zlob family..... ment to be very dangerous, yet AVG doesnt pick it up. Would it make a diffence if i downloaded it whillst the trojan is on the computer?

Many regards

Sgt. PepperP.S just found out that Spyhunter wont remove the trojan woithout purchase

so i need AVG to work or another program that will do it for free

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back