AVG Monitor to DVI Video Card (Monitor not working even with adaptor)

Status
Not open for further replies.
First wanted to hi to everyone as this is my first time posting on the site. I've used the site before but have never had to post my own problems.

I bought a new video card (GeForce 6600, used from a friendd) and it only had two DVI connections and I am using a old (10yrs) VGA monitor. IBefore installing the new video card I deleted my old drivers from my old card and bought the adaptor and connected the monitor to each DVI connection, restarting for each with no success. My monitor is black and appears to not be receiving any signal from the card. I am using a Intel D865PERL mother board and I have a 380 watt powersupply. I don't if it's too much watts for my powersupply or my monitor just is not compatiable. When I put my old video card back in everything works fine. Any help would be appreciated.

Have you tried putting the card into another computer to test it's functionability? It sounds like it may be burnt out.

Well before going any further with it, I would check it's functionability. Whether you have another computer to hook it up with or if you can just ask him to hook it up to his computer again just to check. If everything works fine with your card and not with the new one, it just seems like everything but the card is constant, correct? Baby steps when repairing, remember to always try to isolate when you have any problems, especially hardware problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back