AVG problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

da_head

Hey guys. I installed avg on both my comps today. Works fine on the laptop but on the desktop, after a restart, the computer would get stuck on the windows screen (before the usernames show up part). Then when i go to safemode and delete the avg, it would load fine. i tried reinstalling avg but got the same problem. i don't think i have any viruses because avg did a scan and removed all the threats. any thoughts? want me to post an hjt log anyway?

Also first time i tried installing avg, it failed. but i ran it again and it worked.
like wise when i tried deleting it. what's going on?

You`re running two firewall programmes and this is not recommended and can cause serious conflicts. Uninstall either Kerio or Zonealarm.

Do you know what this entry is?

O23 - Service: Pdcmesktnh - VSO Software - (no file)

Regards Howard :)

i thought i deleted zonealaram a long time ago? and no i have no idea what that is.

Edited by Moderator: Removed quote. There`s no need to quote the post directly above your own, unless you`re only replying to a specific section, in which case you would only quote that section. ;)

Go to add remove programmes in your control panel and uninstall Zonealarm or Kerio.

Then, go and read the Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions. Follow all the instructions exactly.

Post fresh HJT, AVG Antispyware and Combofix logs as attachments into this thread, only after doing the above.

Also, let me know the results of the AVG Antirootkit scan.

This thread is for the use of da_head only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

zonealarm isn't in the add/remove file list. iunno its screwed up. i'll do the other stuff u told me and i'll get back to you. is it really necessary to download all those programs??? i count like 10 and my desktop is pretty slow as it is...

can i just to the online scan and its enough? please i don't have the time nor the memory to download all that stuff. i just want to get my avg working and i'm set .

Go HERE and follow the instructions for uninstalling Zonealarm.

Then. post a fresh HJT log and let me know if you`re still having problems.

This thread is for the use of da_head only. Please don`t post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back