AVG to replace PC Cillin removal..sufficient?

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverwind

Hello, I have been running 'Trend Micro PC Cillin' since I've bought my computer last year and the yearly subscription is about to expire. I was wandering if I just downloaded the free anti-virus programs that Howard suggests under his "Viruses/Spyware/Malware, preliminary removal instructions" thread, if these would be effective replacements instead of paying another $50 for the renewal subscription??? I thought I would go with an AVG Antvirus/AVG Antispyware/Comodo Firewall combination and was wandering if these would be sufficient in replacing my old PC Cillin? If so, should I try to install the others first or completely take off PC Cillin and then install the others? Thanks in advance for any insight!!

Here's what I recommend:

Download your new antivirus, antispyware, and firewall to your hard drive.

Disconnect from the Internet.

Remove your old antivirus and firewall.

Install your new programs.

Then reconnect to the Net. Update your antivirus and antispyware and scan your computer.

Then you should be good to go.

And yes, AVG Antivirus and Avast Antivirus are both good programs; they can replace PC-Cillin.

However, even if you're protected by firewall/antivirus/antispyware, there are some other steps you can take to keep your PC free of malware as well. This thread contains some good advice on keeping your system clean.

Regards :)

Wow, thanks kitty500cat!! I love this frickin site!!, it's so resourceful and all the TS Forces and Gurus (and others for that matter) are so considerate and professional (and prompt)... Keep on keepin on!! thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back