AVG will not delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave H

Hya again everyone could somebody please help me. I need to uninstall AVG from my computer but it will not delete I keep getting a message that it is being used so unable to delete.

Make sure its totally shut down and that it isnt in the system tray and it should uninstall fine.

open task manager, look for any avg processes that are running, hi-light them then select end process. you should then be able to delete. before you delete you could also make sure that the whole avg programme doesn't start up by using 'msconfig' and preventing the start-up. re-boot then uninstall.

I agree with poertner_1274. Safe mode should work fine. This is because some AVG components are run as a service.

Once in safe mode, try and uninstall from add remove programmes in control panel.

Regards Howard :)

I get right near to the end of uninstalling AVG free edition (7.5 I think) and it says at the end, "2 errors occured." and the details are as follows:

Local machine: installation failed
Installation:
Error: Action failed for file setup.exe: creating backup....
Access is denied. (5) %DESTINATION% = "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\setup.exe.install_backup", %SOURCE% = "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\setup.exe"
Rollback:
Error: Action failed for file avgse.dll: restoring from backup....
The system cannot find the file specified. (2) %DESTINATION% = "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\avgse.dll", %SOURCE% = "C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Free\avgse.dll.install_backup"

I am rubbish with computer speak.. is anyone able to help me? I really need to uninstall it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back