Award Bios Soft Menu III question

Status
Not open for further replies.

si007

BIOS Question

I have an Abit BX-133 RAID motherboard which has Soft Menu III. I wanted to alter something in the Soft Menu III setup, but all the options, apart from CPU Operating Frequency and Spread Spectrum Modulated, are unavailable for me to alter. I can see them but can't change them. I opened my PC up and checked that all the DIP switches were set to the OFF position as it states in the manual. Can anyone tell me how to make these options available? For you information, I just wanted to alter the AGP transfer mode option.

Cheers.

Si
:cool:

Pentium III 933MHz
Windows Me
Abit BX-133 Raid Motherboard
ASUS V8200 GeForce 3 (28.32 Drivers)
256 MB Ra,

On some of those utilities, they are written for several different models of motherboards. Some functions may not be availible to you ever because of your model of board. I have a Giga-Byte board with Easy Tune III and cannot use it with XP until they update the bios. Short answer may be, your out of luck. If I find any more info I will let you know.

Boeing is right. It is the manufacturers choice on which BIOS options to enable. Make sure you have the most up-to-date BIOS for your board as sometimes the company will make options available in future updates of BIOS. I believe yours can be found here:

http://www.abit.nl/eng/download/bios/bios-bx133.htm

Maybe flashing to the newest bios (if you already haven't) may open up some options for you to alter further. If not then you'll just have to hope and wait for future bios releases from Abit. I have the Abit KG7-RAID board and Soft Menu III as well, and pretty much every option I can think of is available to me, so I guess I am one of the lucky ones.

Hope this helps!!! :)

Originally posted by si007
Abit BX-133 RAID - Soft Menu III.
use "User Define" settings in your Soft Menu™ III
This is like what, circa 1998? BX chipset? The particular flash, for your exact Award® Bios, from the Abit site, should let update the user define settings.

If you don't mind experimenting, go download a bios editor for your specific bios. I've tried modbin6.exe for Award bios. I can edit my bios with it to enable settings that were turned off.

Thanks for your help guys. Uncleel got it right. I just needed to change the CPU Operating Frequency option to "User Defined" and all the rest became available. I ran 3D Mark and my score increased from 4642 to 5854. Woohoooooooo!! :eek:

Thanks again.

Si
:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back