Backup software

Status
Not open for further replies.

tob-tob

Hi guys,

Advise me, please, some backup software. I want to have a backup of all my hd in case of my hd crashing.
I've read a lot about True Image, coz my friend use it, but I want to know an opinion of majority. Perhaps there is better software?

NovaStor Backup is probably one of the easiest to use. and you can backup to a hard drive or onto CD or DVD Disks, and restore in case of a disaster.

I use the Windows backup utility; it's installed as a part of Windows. However, I'd appreciate suggestions of alternatives too, as the Windows backup utility tends to hog the CPU.

NovaStor Backup is probably one of the easiest to use. and you can backup to a hard drive or onto CD or DVD Disks, and restore in case of a disaster.
I've never seen it before. Does it works well? The price of NovaStor Backup does not differ from the price of True Image, but the last one is more popular.
I'll study this product more in detail, thanks.

I use the Windows backup utility; it's installed as a part of Windows. However, I'd appreciate suggestions of alternatives too, as the Windows backup utility tends to hog the CPU.
You are right, it's strain CPU.

Any more suggestions?

I use true image
veritas was good now owned by symantec so I don't use
we have used for 3 years some version of acronis backup

tob-tob said:
Hi guys,

Advise me, please, some backup software. I want to have a backup of all my hd in case of my hd crashing.
I've read a lot about True Image, coz my friend use it, but I want to know an opinion of majority. Perhaps there is better software?

In the event of catastrophic HD crashing, backup software on that same HD is only as good as the removable media it writes to.

If you're SERIOUS about data loss - Try installing a Mirror or RAID (Inexpensive Disks) solution. I've used Promise Technology IDE RAID cards in the past to expand storage/protection among static SCSI arrays, in NW servers. Not Hot swappable, but very cost effective.

There are also "one touch" external USB HD options - both offer increased storage capacity as well. Finally, cloning/imaging software is EXTREMELY useful and will save you from having to reload driver upon driver, etc... Especially when you can burn an image to a CD and boot with it (Ghost is one of which I'm more familiar with).

Hope that helps :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back