Backwards Freezing Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thommo68

Hello everyone,
I have a weird problem.My problem is that i recently bought a GeForce 7200GS PCI 256MB video card and installed it on my computer. I play Halo and Tiger Woods 2007, The video card works great and everything is sweet when i play these games..But when i just surf the net or transfer files between computers it freezes and i have to reset the computer.This can happen up to 6 times in an hour.So i removed the video card and gone back to onboard video.The computer does not freeze now but Halo is very choppy and Tiger Woods not all the graphics are shown.If anuone knows of a fix for this problem could you please help. Thanking everyone in advance.I did update the video drivers to Forceware 162.18 which seems to be latest drivers for the GeForce 7200gs. Have not upgraded my bios as yet and defrag has been done.I have checked a lot of forums and talked to a fair few people who are quite knowledgable with computers but i have stumped them with this. Any help to sort this out would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Thomas

Am running
AMD64 Athlon 3500+ CPU
Asus M2V-MX Motherboard
Seagate 250gig Hard Drive
2 Gig Ram 1 is Twinmos 667 the other is Kingston 667 both are DDR2

Hiya Sorrow
Mixing RAM can be done as long as they are the same.As in DDR2 pc5300
But you cannot mix pc5300 with pc4200 as it drags the 5300 down to the slower speed.I'm pretty sure that is how it goes but if i am wrong can someone correct me on this. I am only a Noobie and this is really only a guess.

Hiya Sorrow
Mixing RAM can be done as long as they are the same.As in DDR2 pc5300
But you cannot mix pc5300 with pc4200 as it drags the 5300 down to the slower speed.I'm pretty sure that is how it goes but if i am wrong can someone correct me on this. I am only a Noobie and this is really only a guess.I will change the RAM out and retest.

Hello again
I swapped out the ram and tried them as single stick and it still does the same thing.Updated the video card drivers to forceware 162.18 which seem to be latest drivers for nvidia but it still does the same thing. Is the 7300 better
than the 7200? Thanks James i will look at doing just that.This problem is really starting to cheese me off.

As the saying goes Problem Solved. Went and bought a ATI HD 2400 Pro.Installed it and now it works.Thanks to everyone who helped.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back