BAD directsound driver after Windows XP Pro installation

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a HP Pavilion 771n. The computer was greatly acting up and had XP home edition on it. My friend has a copy of XP Pro, so I figured I would try and install pro to see if it would fix some things. Well, after installing XP Pro I discovered that a lot of things that weren't working before are working now-- yay.... whatever. Well, now none of my sounds work. Whenever I go to play a song a thing pops up saying BAD directsound driver... blah blah blah.

I searched the internet... I started the computer in safe mode, uninstalled all the media things, then restarted it in normal mode, reinstalled them... and still... nothing works (this was the suggested solution on another website).

I figure this is something simplistic... considering the sound worked earlier today before I installed XP Pro. What precisely needs to be done to fix this problem. The computer is currently at my other house and I have no way of accessing the internet with it... so hopefully a solution can be reached without the internet.

Please help...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back