bad driver???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soap

i have been getting bsod which seems to be happening every 3 days. the message i get is below with what http://www.adare.ca/stop.htm says causes it to happen.

0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - Usually cause by bad driver or incompatible hardware/software.

my question is if this is a correct cause how can i find out which driver is causing it? is there a program or something which does this???

thank you for any help.

Bad memory or hard disk can also cause this error... As well as bad CPU and a host of other things. ;)

But yes, drivers are very likely. My next guess would be memory or hard disk.

What I might do is attempt to update my drivers for video, sound, IDE / chipset, modem, netcard etc... Just the basic components.

I don't think there's any real way (at least practical anyway) to determine what the exact cause is.

You may also want to perform a memory test and disk test. www.memtest86.com and your hard drive can be tested by a manufacturer's diagnostic. Check out the storage forum for a drive utility.

thank you for the help ill try it out. i have a program called tufftest would that be good enough to test the hard drive and memory with???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back