Bad System Error, please help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rory7

I changed my page filing according to a guide on the site and then when i restarted i got to the windows welcome screen and loads of error messages came up. One in particular said (LSASS.exe system error an I/O operation initiated by the registry failed unrecoverably the registry could not read in or write out or flush, one of the files that contains the systems image of the registry). There is also another which says windows delay wright faile. Another is (windows was unabable to save all the data for the file c:/program files the data has been lost. This error may have been caused by your computer hardware or network connection, please try to save the file elsewhere). It will say delay write failed for nearly every file on my computer. Please help, thanks.

Can you please be specific about what you changed on that page-file?
Looks like you made a mess of it.
What are your pagefile settings now (min/max and on what disk(s)?

I didnt change any registry settings but when i went onto actual pagefiling, i put the memory usage to system cache(i have 512 ram) and i changed pagefiling to 200 min and max. I've done this about 3 times before and nothing ever happened.

Yes, i did and changed the settings back to their original format. My computer is ok now. Thanks

Do you guys know why my pc did that after changing the page filing and mem usage to systeme cache? I've done it before and havnt had a problem.

It did this because you didn't have enough memory for programs after most of it was given to system cache. Perhaps you have done some other tweaks that allow Windows to allocate more memory to buffers so it wouldn't work successfully this time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back