bad video card????????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Emachines T3092
I turn on computer and I get to screen to load windows in safe mode, last know working config, or normal start. I have tried all options and the windows loading screen appears then flashes blue and the computer restarts. Tech support at emachines said it sounds like I need a new video card. Does this sound correct?

No, not if it happens consistantly like that everytime. But that is about the point where a computer would over heat and reboot. Check the fan on your processor and make sure its running when the computer boots up. It could just be overheating and rebooting, but it doesn't sound like a video problem. I have had a EMachines tower before and know they can be quite the handfull.

Hi shaggy and welcome to Techspot :)

It could be caused by a number of things, but a faulty video card would be one of the last things I would consider as the culprit. Emachines are well known for their poor quality power supplies and motherboards. if any hardware is bad, i would look to those components first.

did you add or remove any hardware or software prior to this happening? is your heatsink very hot to the touch after only a few seconds?

here is a good place to start in determining what component (if hardware related) is causing the issue.

cheers :wave:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back