Bad_pool Irql_not_less_ Bsod

Status
Not open for further replies.

okopie

OK here goes the list this computer has not ran right from original build with random BSOD errors

configuration
Code:
MSI K8N NEO4 PCB 1.0
XP 64X2 4800
2GB Micron dual channel
Geforce 6600
linksys wirless PCI
AverTV Studio PCI (removed for testing)

It will run with random crashes usually IRQl_NOT_LESS or BAD_POOL
I see a usual Event ID 1003 during crashes

I have looked and gone through a few MS tech articles

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/188831/EN-US/
this one is to enable the special pool feature
witch I don't quite understand how to utilize the special pool.tool

I have tried to debugthe minidumps wich ponts to antivirus sometimes.
It will lockup and corrupt files. until the OS is unusable

here are soome minidumps
I currently have it running after a repair install and

it don't seem to crash in safe mode
I have ran memory test pass after 8 hrs of running

Your minidumps point to ntoskrnl.exe which is internal to windows!!!!
I would say it's an instability of somekind!!!!
Is the cpu overclocked????

no neither the cpu nor the ram is over clocked.

Maybe I need to enable the special pool feature maybe run another repair install

any body know of a good way to test the cpu for stability problems?

1 more thing that I don't believe it could be is in bios all voltages are good .1 over or right on except 12V it is staying about 11.79 - 11.84 I have seen it drop as low as 11.72

none other than Event 1003
It apears to be doing it at after boot process now rather than prior to crash
I went to reboot it to see if it would do it after a reboot and it locked up on reboot then ran chkdsk -> reboot ran chkdsk -> reboot -> locked up at loading personal setting on login.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
x Rebot in safe mode
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

and there is a lot of new errors that have never been in this computers event log heres a list I am going to research each one of these this evening and find out what/why
it seems like it may be unwritten data causing a coruption to cause the errors

DCOM 10005

SideBySide 59
SideBySide 58 these 3 apear 3times after each other
SideBySide 63

(syntax error in WININET.dll)

I am scanning the system now a problem existed prior to infection (if there is one) so I may be troubleshooting multiple problems here.

I did find a couple of possible problems that could have caused write failures resulting in prior infection problems. The hard drives were attached to SATA 1 & 2 (no raid), Maxtor's diag sw couldn't detect the attached drives it could on just 1 or just 2 and now it does on 1 & 3. I don't know why? I will post after a few scans.

this is in normal mode. It decided to bott good in nmormal mode until virus scanner started. SO I restarted that is Safe mode. and it just locked up on that I may need to creat a boot disk to scan for viruses.

Hi Okopie,

Obviously the culprit is faulty ram. Run memtest to diagnostic which memory module is bad.

Your debug report
Mini111006-01.dmp BugCheck C5, {0, 2, 1, 8053a29d}
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+105 )

Mini111006-02.dmp BugCheck A, {5d98c548, 2, 1, 804d8a22}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiRemovePageByColor+90 )

Mini111006-03.dmp BugCheck A, {4, 2, 0, 804d89fb}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiRemovePageByColor+68 )

Mini111006-04.dmp BugCheck 1000007E, {c0000005, 80552dce, f78f2c28, f78f2928}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PsReturnSharedPoolQuota+21 )

Mini111006-05.dmp BugCheck 4E, {7, 2ca36, 2d748, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiFlushSectionInternal+45f )

Mini111106-01.dmp BugCheck 19, {20, 88c72518, 88c725c0, a150015}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+2a3 )

Cpc2004 may well be right, your HJT log is clean!!

Well, it's clean apart from norton that is!!

But follow Cpc2004's advice and test your ram!!

Once that is done, getting rid of norton will be a good idea!!!!

well it has been alot of trouble but I am still scanning I tried many online scans windows ultimate boot cd two dos scanners with NTFS 4 Dos witch some scanned for lil while then reboot others system locked up beforeI could start the scan.. I pulled the hard drives from that computer put them in another computer to scan from a boot cd 1 ran for about 45min then reboot. So I just hooked them up as a slave to mine it is scanning nowfound 1 so far.

win32.Notre aka W32.Dref@mm to symantec
in \windows\memory.dmp

witch is just ram dump file deleted it but haven't been able to find much usefull info on the virus.

I ran x86 memory tester for 8 hrs pass and windows memory tester (vista rc1) for only 1 pass I will probly due a 24hr test on it
but I am doing a fresh install of xp pro and it has locked up twice witch tells me hardware now its just RAM CPU or power supply

Memtest is the better program to test your ram with, you will find it with google easily!!!!

it couldn't possibly be video card memory could it? I have memtest running right now. on that system while I finish virus scan on mine.

The only way to test that thoery is to fit a different graphics card if you have one!!!!

I will probly test that and the power supply, memtest is upto 2 hrs with full pas and then I got another stick of ddr2 here to test with also its just that all that equipment is running the virus scan yet I have about 450gb of data stored on them so it'll take its time 9.5 hrs so far (but it stooped when it found the one virus.

THANKYOU

I got it figured out this should have been under hardware.
memtest after 20hrs on 1 stick of DDR2 pass but now windows will not install without errors swap it out and windows runs beautiful ????? I just say its bad and leave it at that..... I reinstalled the old HDD and still run great.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back