BAD_POOL_CALLER problem (have info) need help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I consider myself to be at least somewhat knowledgeable when it comes to computers. I have a dual boot setup running XP Pro SP2 and Fedora Core 2 no conflicts seemingly between them.

Lately though I have been getting two types of blue screen errors.

The first, which I have encountered most recently is this:

BAD_POOL_CALLER

stop code is 0x000000C2 (0x00000007, 0x00000CD4, 0x0241003c, 0x867p0438)

And just for reference I do not have an Audigy card, so the problem has to be tied to something else.

The computer runs very smoothly, I am able to render things fast in Maya, games like Doom 3 load pretty quickly (though my new Geforce 6800 Ultra should be coming soon). Frankly the computer is fine, except for these bloody blood screen errors that happen every short couple of days.

I have been unable to remedy this myself and there seems to be no rhyme or reason to when they will occur. I could be surfing the web, playing a game or letting the computer idle (though Azureus, a bit torrent client is running in the background) and they still happen.

I have run some debugging tools and have come up dry. This is out of my realm here.

Software:

I have these following programs that are "suppose" to be helping me.

ZoneAlarm, Norton Anti-virus 2003, Hare and Anti-Crash, Registry Mechanic, PCBugDoctor, and Error Nuker 2004 (of which the last three were installed after I started encountering the blue screen errors).

The second stop error I have been receiving (though not since I cleaned up my registry, which I believe it may have been tied too) is this:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

stop code is 0x000000D1 (0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000001, 0xf84dcc9)

SYMTDI.sys f484dcc9 base at f4843000

I have not seen this error as of late and if anyone is willing or able to help, I ask to concentrate on the first blue screen error I discussed at the beginning of my plea for help.

I bow down to those of you that know of the inner workings of XP Pro and ask as but a humble gamer and 3d modeler to please help me.

Thank you.

Welcome to TechSpot

MS has this explanation:
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/...Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prmd_stp_czgw.asp
They blame a bad driver or software, but that is a very grey area.

You add any memory lately?
D/L and run Memtest86 from www.memtest86.com
Run this overnight to see if you have any memory-faults.

As to your second problem, SYMTDI.SYS is part of Norton AV. You could try to completely uninstall it, then reinstall and do all updates for it, might go away.
Does your Norton include a firewall and is it running at the same time as Zonealarm? If so, never run 2 software firewalls together!

Uninstall Hare and Anti-Crash, Registry Mechanic, PCBugDoctor, and Error Nuker 2004, they only add to your problems, the more anti-crash software you install, the more prone to crashes it gets!

Finally, check for any exclamation/question marks in your Device Manager and check in your
Computer Management/System Tools/Event Viewer/Application and System Logs for any Yellow or Red notifications. They might help you further.

I had the same thing a few weeks ago. Right after all the Creative programs stopped working. I uninstalled and then reinstalled the Audigy driver and programs and everything has been fine since.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back