Bad_pool_header

Status
Not open for further replies.

G30RG3

Gday pplz, just wondering if i could hav some help to know were to post this. i had a look around and there are simmiar problems but none the same.

I have a problem when trying to start-up Windows XP home it gives me this error
BAD_POOL_HEADER (0x00000020, 0xE11440F0, 0xE1144100, 0x0C020601) and
when i try to reinstall windows
BAD_POOL_HEADER (0x00000020, 0xE11554E0, 0xE11554F0, 0x0C020801)
and this happen in a matter of turning the computer off and then back on the next day and this happened i dnt think anythink was changed/added. for sometime now the computer has been restarting all of a sudden but im pretty sure nothing was changed then ethier.

i am currently using windows 98 which is on a patition on the same drive, this has been restarting and sometimes not even able to get into windows 98 but ussally works in safe mode but unfortantly windows xp wont even work in safe mode!

can anyone help

Microsoft Windows XP SP2
Microsoft Windows 98 S.E
AMD Athlon XP 2000+

NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 model 64/ model 64 pro
if u need any more details plz ask

Do you have a router or network card ? Try unpluging everything you absolutely dont need. You can try repair console from your Win XP Disc

thanks

ryantruck said:
Do you have a router or network card ? Try unpluging everything you absolutely dont need. You can try repair console from your Win XP Disc

i will try it, but at the moment i cant even get into the repair console on the xp disc it give me the error message just before it asks what i want to select.

also im not that fairmilar with the repair console what do i do if i am able to get access to it?

ill try it now ill prob be 5 mins

Repair console is like automatic or automatic enough. Just make sure you have your data backed up before you reinstall windows

mmm

mmm... i though it was a dos based looking thing, but anyways i still get the same error message when i remove everythink except the agp video card.

yeh i removed everythink even my mouse, all that was connected was the power and keyboard and 1 hdd and cdrom

unfortanly i dont i hav about 15gb of data on there that i really want to keep, and being ntfs i cant get it from win 98 without setting it up to read ntfs and it has been crashing when ever i do that and restarting, but i surpose if i comes to that ill hav 2 wipe everythink do u think it would make it work?

Do you have more than one HDD ?

Maybe you should test your HDD with Manufacturers utility and try unpluging your CD Rom Drive
Try testing your Ram with Memtest86 download from here http://www.memtest.org/
And let it run at least 7 pases. Best thing would to put another HDD in and try installing windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back