Bank acct and yahoo has been hacked

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigmanT

my bank account password and yahoo password has been changed,my computer has also slowed down considerably, I have followed the 15 steps to the letter and my computer is now back to normal ( i think) I just wanted you to check my log files if possible. thank you n advance also avg rootkit is clean

1. Contact your bank IMMEDIATELY.
2. CHANGE ALL PASSWORDS to your Accounts(s)
3. ensure your system has adequate virus and spyware protection
4. DO NOT USE instant messaging or P2P software on your computer. These are frequent avenues of attack.

This is my desk top reports the other was for my wife's laptop. I also followed all 15 steps on this one. thanks again for all of your help.

Delete this file:
C:\WINDOWS\DA15D5355E1D4076B5208571346D6238.TMP

Check these two folders, and if you do not know what they are or did not create them, delete them.
C:\Program Files\tex
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MumboJumbo

Apart from that your logs are fine, just make sure you follow these instructions below.

1. Please download and run CCleaner via step 9 of the instructions HERE.

2. Delete all files in AVG Antispyware Quarantine folder. (located in C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\Quarantine)

3. Turn off system restore (XP/ME only). Learn how to do that HERE.
    This will remove all the remaining nasties from your old restore points.

4. After that turn system restore back on.
    This would have created a new safe and clean restore point for your system.

5. Often times, an infection can occur again not due to the incompetence of programs, but because of user habits.
    May I recommend you to read this article.
    This can help to prevent future infections.

Should you have any further problems, please post in this thread.

Regards,
momok =)

This thread is for the use of bigmanT only. Please don't post your own virus/spyware problems in this thread. Instead, open a new thread in our security and the web forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back