Battery question - Please reply ASAP

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently bought a new battery for my Dell Inspiron 1100 Laptop, my old one was barely holding a charge. When I got my new battery it wouldn't charge, so I asked for another battery from the company i bought it from. Well I just received my new battery and this battery is doing the same thing. When I look in my control panel and I open up my Power options, and then I go to my Power meter, I see that my battery is showing that it is not present. Although if I put my old battery back in, that shows up. Can anyone please help me and tell me what I am doing wrong? I need to know whether its my new batteries or not. When I compare my new batteries to my old one, the only difference is the Rating on my old batter is a 14.8V and my new on is 14.4v. Please any help would be great.

Who did you get the "new" batteries from? They are either bad, or not correct for your laptop. Make sure the next battery is for your make and model Inspiron. The voltage and wattage ratings should be identical. Also the cell-count may be critical too

Thank you

I looked at my battery and the only differences that I can see is the voltage is off by .4 . My new battery is a 14.4V while my old battery is 14.8V. The other difference is the new battery is 6600mAh and my old one is 640mAH. I got my replacement battery at Brilliant store .com, and I found them thru Amazone. Thanks for your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back