Battle Field 2 or Source?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Austin44

I was wondering if i should get Battle Field 2 or cs source,soooo please comment if u have played both.

Well if u got Source, then you would be buying Half Life 2 aswell, so it seems to be the better value; two superb games for one price.

Battlefield 2 gives you a great feeling of all out war on a massive battlefield. The only problem i find with BF2 is that a lot of the experiance raved about in reviews is when ur part of a squad thats working well togeather on the battlefield. However, people in online games very rarely organise into a few sets of full squads, and hardly ever work with or take orders from the squad leader. So most of the time in online games you can feel kinda lonely, trapsing across expanses of the map to get to the next enemy base on ur own, only to get nailed by a group of enemies spawning there. In the online games the thing that is supposed to make BF2 so great, the feeling of a squad working and fighting together, is very rarely there. It sometimes becomes a bit tideous wondering round on ur own, or trying to work with dumb squad members who have no intention of working as a team.

Through my experiances with CSS, the teamwork feeling seems to be more alive, it may be because the maps are smaller and every CT or T spawns together, so you're more inclined to stick together. It is also because CSS is realistic in that you cant run into a base all guns blazing like you can sometimes on BF2, because a few shots and you're dead. Teamwork is key on CSS, and although the maps are small, with no vechiles or stationary guns, the sence of teamwork and the fierceness of the fights seems to outstrip those encountered in BF2

I've got both, but only play BF2...
And on the servers that I play, I often find good teamwork, though I do switch squads until I find one with a good leader, or create one myself...
Try to look for teams that aren't called alpha, beta etc., but have an actual name.

CS:S, well, it was fun, but I felt a bit limited. There were way too few maps to be much fun, but that should have changed by now...

well i got bf2 and ill be installing it on my new comp tommorrow, ill probly tell you guys my name is mabye we could play and work as a team.

hey i got battlefield 2 a few days ago. it seems prety good so far except i havent played in any good squads yet.
i would like to play with some of you guys so we can have a kick-*** team.
write back dudes

Well, i have played both games, and here is the verdict. I would say that you should get counter strike source, because for one, there is a reason why people get addicted to it, it will be easier to run and will run faster and better than battle field 2, and like some one said earlier, one of the big points (squads) that they tried putting into battlefield 2 failed (unless your in a clan). so, i would recommend getting css and hl2.
^_^

snipedya14 (also my xfire) andor Pandoras_box14 id love to play with some fellow techies.

About the quesiton, it is very hard to compare both games. My feelings on CS is been there done that. Great fun for a few hours but is a bit repeitative. However with BF2, and so many kits and tactics it is great fun. Dont get me wrong now, i have played my fair share of fun CS, but for more intense squad play, bf2 is the way to go.

well there is no built in friend list, i would get xfire and we could meet up that way thorugh a common server. snipedya14 = me

sean

I'd like to play with you guys too, the game really is awesome when your in a good squad. Possibility of even a TS clan? just an idea...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back